Journaling Cards Idea

By | Wednesday, December 31, 2014 Leave a Comment

As I've told you, I have no idea not this blog would grow. And I don't think a planner description can take a lot of time, it's just a daily thing that you should use and feel yourself it's a good one. We have too much stress and information, so we deserve to surround ourselves with pleasant things. I've made "Plans Matter" planner and my aim was to help alike-minded people who also have the same troubles with searches of their perfect personal planner.

But I've become attracted by another thing: scrapbooking albums, so called Project Life. The primary concept is simple: you buy an album, a bunch of transparent photo pocket pages and so called core kit - a set of different paper cards with signs, images and quotes. You make photos during the whole year, print and put them into the album, decorating it with stickers and diluting them with papercards. Each week of the year you fill one sheet of the album, so it's 52 sheets a year. I was thinking about it for a while, and that's the conclusion I've made for myself:
1. Photo album is not equal to Flickr or Instagram. It was great to have digital albums, but it lost its value long time ago. Having a real album, with a real concept in mind can push you to be more picky and print certain photos, not just saving hundreds of photos in one place.
2. Photo album motivates you to make photos. In my family we have many nice moments, but we rarely make photos, and I want to change it.
3. I want to have a nice album, but i don't have time to decorate it properly. Plus, Amazon doesn't ship such things to Jordan, and there's no need in transparent pages with pockets. I still remember the magic of real photo albums, covered in dark velvet and filled with grainy paper sheets. It's important for me to have a photo album without plastic inside.
4. If you have a certain grid and idea how the photos should be placed, it's easier to organize yourself. With a proper plan everything is easier.

I am going to publish so called journaling cards in this blog - for my family photo album. It will be the same size as Project Life Cards. If you think it might be a good option to create your own photo album, or enhance daily writing, I'd be glad. All journaling cards will be in PDF format, free to download, easy to print in A4 paper. I'm doing it for myself, so sometimes topics might be personal and depend on my mood only. However, if you have any suggestions, or a cool image to use, you're more than welcome to write an e-mail to me.

And an important explanation about images I'm going to use. They will be random, I already have an enormous collection of different images I liked, saved during years. I don't have any idea who created them, and I don't break any copyrights, using them for my personal usage in a very small resolution. I also warn you to use them only for your personal usage, and not to resell them, be good. Please.

The easiest way to follow this blog - like my group Plane Your Plan on Facebook, follow one of my Pinterest Boards called Journaling Cards, or subscribe to RSS feed.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 wise comments: