From The Blogger

By | Tuesday, December 30, 2014 Leave a Comment

 
  

My name is Anastasia Ivanovskaya, currently I live and work in Amman, Jordan.

It's hard to say what this blog will be about, all I know is I want to have something beautiful and personal. The idea of this blog has started as a very simple wish: I wanted to purchase or download a digital planner of any size, but couldn't find any good one. From time to time I was browsing Internet again, hoping to find something suitable. It took a while to understand what types of planners exist, and why I don't want them.

What I've Found:

1. So called "Happy" planners - full with flashy colours and florid backgrounds, mainly done for housewives, to organize their daily routine, as amount of ironing per day, or 30-days family dinners. I understand fully they need it, but I'm working in the office and honestly speaking I rarely have dinner at home.
2. "Wise" planners consist of randomly chosen quotes on the top of each page. I don't like quotes, I never get inspired by them, and know for sure they'll irritate me the whole year I'm using the planner. The worst part when they are mixed with free-spirit slogans "weknowyoucan", or sayings for poor believers, similar to what Kiyosaki and other rich bastards are producing. So, if I want to write down a quote I liked - I want to find it myself.
3. There is a special type I call "useless" planners. It seems to me their creators never used a pen in their life, because the space between the lines is too big, the separated boxes are too small, and you're wondering what kind of handwriting you should have.


My Demand For a Personal Planner:

1. A5 size - I can't carry a bigger format to work. Sometimes my bags are too small for A4, and I don't want my planner to be crumpled in a couple of month. I also can't accept a smaller size, because I feel I'm a spy, while making notes on micro paper. Sometimes I like to use my personal planner for studying, so I need to understand what I wrote.
2. Flexible sheets - it's great to remove or add sheets whenever you like it. My planner should give me the option of printing additional paper sheets and adding them if needed. I can be not very attentive sometimes and mix different tasks from different fields, so the A5 binder with clips fits my idea of a personal planner perfectly, because I can rearrange my planner without any headache.
3. Nice cover - I wanted a digital planner because I've already bought a beautiful binder and was planning to use it. Office women will understand me well: we don't have a lot of things to show our personality at work, and we still want to be women. So, we want nice business cardholders, beautiful tea cups, comfortable pens to write with and personal notebooks (if you don't, you can close this blog and don't waste any time, really).
4. Ability to put goals and tasks. I've tried a lot of apps for daily planning, and I didn't feel I liked it much. Probably it's the difference between typing and writing, I can't memorize a lot, putting ticks and dates. At the same time, I'm a very strategy-oriented person, before working on any project, I'm doing a list of tasks to complete, and follow them. Paper writing is the best option for me.
5. A space for free writing. As I've said, I need it for studying and some diary writing. Sometimes I draw or doodle, like all normal people. I just need it. :)
6. Various pages with lists. I make lists for everything, and paper format is the easiest to follow and update. Even my job is internet-related, I don't like to depend on internet connection, use mobile for my apps. Sometimes I just need to have a weekend, keep all my thoughts together, without unnecessary distractions. I want to keep it simple, and I'm perfectly fine with pre-arranged lists for holidays, or life updates, if they are simple and minimalistic.
7. Free space for dates. Sometimes I'm loaded with work, sometimes I have additional internet-marketing projects. There might be periods when I work at the weekends, and sometimes I can afford to have a break on my usual workday. Also, it's not very convenient when you got disappointed with the planner your colleagues or relatives bought your for Christmas, already used it for a couple of months, and now you have to buy a new one, leaving January and February empty. If I plan before, I use lists, where I put due dates. So, I've decided on myself I don't need it.

Perfect Planner Ever

Well, if you need the same features, you can find in my planner "Plans Matter" on Etsy. I made with great love for myself, and with consciousness for office work. As for now, it's in digital format, you can download it anytime. It has no fixed dates, so you can add, mix and remove sheets as you need. Well, I've designed it office-oriented and minimalistic, so you can purchase "Plans Matter" and make a great present as for a man or a woman colleague. Just spend one evening: print, cut, arrange the planner and put it in a suitable cover. Any printing agency can do it for you as well. It's A5 format, so you will always look elegant and professional with this size, I bet.
Newer Post Home

0 wise comments: